Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Purple Door Update

I recently posted here that my mom and I painted the front door of her house purple. Well, we've lived with the color for a couple of weeks now and are both convinced that we made the right decision. Now that it's settled, I can finally share some photos with you!

Here is the front exterior of her home before:


The purple we chose is Dewberry from Sherwin Williams. I didn't want a purple that had too much of a red or blue tint, and I think this is right in the middle. I also wanted to go really dark.


Here is the after!


The color is actually a little less blue than it appears in these photos.



In the scheme of things, painting your front door really is an easy change. But wow! It can have major impact (and be a little scary!). Now that it's all said and done though, I love thinking that my mom will be known for "the house with the purple door."

What do you think? Would you give this a try?

*****

images via The Pink Chalkboard
Dewberry via Sherwin Williams

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...