Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Spicy Granny Chair

A couple of weeks ago, I also posted about my current color crush: Habanero Chile. I included a screen shot from Real Simple featuring this quote "In a glossy finish, it will make a grannyish chair look cool and modern."

Well, with some TLC, fun fabric, and this awesome paint color, my estate sale find has gotten quite a facelift!


Unfortunately I don't have any "before" photos to share with you (what was I thinking?) but I can give you an idea of what it looked like when I found it: very dark stained wood with a needlepoint seat cover. I actually found something similar here. Very granny, right?

Here is a close-up of the floral detail on the top of the chair. So nicely crafted.


While I was busy painting, my mom and sister-in-law recovered the seat cushion with this black and white ikat fabric. (Thanks, guys!)

I'm not sure if it's cool and modern, but this piece is definitely spicy. I love how cute my granny chair is now!

*****

photos by The Pink Chalkboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...