Thursday, May 30, 2013

Montreal

A couple of weeks ago, I got a chance to spend a few days in Montreal with my fiancĂ©. Believe it or not, this was my first trip to Canada and I absolutely fell in love with our northern neighbor. The city was beautiful and we had a wonderful time exploring, shopping, and eating at incredible restaurants. 








Highlights included late night drinks and a show at Upstairs Jazz Bar & Grill, shopping and dining at Holt Renfrew, a stroll along the Saint Lawrence River, touring Old Montreal, and we welcomed the warm weather by spending a day at the Botanical Gardens. I loved discovering neighborhoods like Plateau Mont Royal for its great design stores, afternoon pints of home-brewed beer at Dieu du Ciel, and dinner at Au Pied de Cochon. Last but not least, the poutine at La Banquise was divine. (Perhaps even the best in Montreal?)

I can't believe how easy it was to get there (an 8-hour car ride made manageable with an overnight stay in Lake George, NY) which means that we'll definitely go back again soon. Can't wait!

*****

all images by The Pink Chalkboard via Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...