Friday, May 31, 2013

Inspired by...A Pop of Color

Earlier this week I showed photos of my refreshed master bedroom. It's hard to see from the photos in that post but I recently added a small pop of color to the sides of my Franz Kline-inspired art.


I was never happy with the way that I had continued the brush strokes on the sides of the canvas and seeing this image had gotten me thinking. Why not paint over the sides with a fun color? A bright coral was just the thing.

The before shots:



During:



And after:


This is before I moved the canvas to the new wall but even in the old location, the little hit of color made an impact. A small detail, but one that makes me smile every time I walk past it.

*****

photos by The Pink Chalkboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...