Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Key West


A few weeks ago, we took a family trip to Key West, Florida. Known for their sunsets, the home of Ernest Hemingway and the lively Duval Street, there was much to see and do. Our visit to Hemingway's home and museum was a highlight (post to come soon) as was the butterfly and nature conservatory. A strange little aspect of Key West that I didn't expect – there were roosters everywhere. Why? I have no idea. But I'll tell you one thing. They don't just crow first thing in the morning. We were hearing cock-a-doodle-doos all day long.


When traveling, I take a lot of photos of architectural details and vegetations that are different from what I usually see at home. You never know when you'll get that special photo that is equal parts artistic and interesting and when hung on your wall, will be a special memento from your trip. 




The Key West Fabrics building photo is my favorite from the trip. I'm not sure why – maybe it's the simple peak in the architecture, the clear blue sky or the way the light hits the left side of the building. I envision this photo printed really big and hung over a couch. The Key West Fabrics signage is nice but doesn't have any real significance to me so I would crop it out. Something like this feels about right:


The blue and red-brown in this photo doesn't really go with my house at this time (I'm currently in a gray/black/white/green/pink color mode) but I'm sure this will make it's way into my home some time soon. The section on the left shows the sunlight so nicely that it makes me feel warm just by looking at it.

A little warmth would be a nice thing, indeed, on this cold, winter day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...