Friday, December 14, 2012

Under the Tree

While I love decorating our Christmas tree, I also like to pay attention to the space under the tree. There are so many festive options for displaying your tree beyond the traditional tree skirt (and there are lots of varieties those too!), and this collection of images is inspiring me as I try to decide how to decorate under our tree.

It's always a good idea to cover the base of your tree with presents! So enticing.


But I like these other creative options too. You can go a little rustic like in the images below. 




I like the smaller scale of this planted tree.



And how cool are those pine cones? 

A really graphic tree skirt placed under the tree looks amazing here. A pair of wire baskets is a great touch, too. 


Traditional tree skirts can be a really great option too, especially when unique designs take them to a whole new level.





I just have to say that I am currently obsessing over all things furry, and these sheepskin tree skirts are so on trend. This look is a definite possibility for me this year.



Ruffles are my first love though, so it's a tough decision.


And I just had to include this sweet image to end my post. Love the idea of tree cuttings turned into miniature Christmas trees when planted in vintage cups and jars. So cute!


*****

Garnet Hill catalog
Lantliv i Norregard via Pinterest
Country Living via Pinterest
Ballard Designs via Pinterest
Atlanta Homes Magazine via Pinterest
Pinterest via My Farmhouse 
Christmas Tree Blanket via Ferm Living
The Land of Nod via Pinterest
Artisan Overlapping Floral Tree Skirt from Horchow via Pinterest
A Life of Beauty and Grace via Pinterest
Ribbon Tree Skirt from Better Homes and Gardens via Pinterest
Shaggy Snow Fur Christmas Tree Skirt from Not Too Shaggy via Pinterest
Mixed Elixir via Pinterest
Ruffle Christmas Tree Skirt from Paul and Erika via Pinterest
Christmas Tree in a Pot from The Haystack Needle via Houzz

2 comments:

  1. very inspirational, thanks for sharing! BTW I have a little ol' blog too ...and I mentioned your blog and attached a link to this post: you can check it out here:
    http://julieloveshome.wordpress.com/2013/12/18/from-ladies-skirt-to-tree-skirt/
    :-)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. very inspirational, thanks for sharing! BTW I have a little ol' blog too ...and I mentioned your blog and attached a link to this post: you can check it out here:
    vtree skirt

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...