Monday, November 19, 2012

Skating on a Pattern

Over the past couple of years, Waverly fabrics has engaged in a light-hearted and colorful print ad campaign, in which they apply their patterns to everyday items such as adirondack chairs, taxi cabs, and mailboxes. 

My favorite in this series are these ice skates. 


Aren't they so charming?

I have seen pairs of white, girls' ice skates for sale at antique stores and thought they would look really sweet in a winter-themed setting—perhaps in a styled collection propped next to a fireplace. But I'm just loving Waverly's concept, and think it takes this idea to a whole new level.

A fun and easy DIY, you could easily create this look by using a little Mod Podge to wrap a piece of  bright, patterned fabric around a pair of vintage ice skates (a la Jillian's fabric-wrapped finds). I think I know what I'll be doing this winter! Now, I just have to choose a pattern...

*****

image via Waverly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...