Thursday, November 29, 2012

Documenting Your Space

While going through old family photos recently, I came across photos of my house from when I was a very little girl. I've written before about the yellow houndstooth in my parents' room and the Marimekko bedding and wallpaper in my room, but I was happy to find images of the rest of the house (as well as spot some special items that are now displayed in my home).

living room

corkboard wall and dining room

kitchen

bookcase in family room

work area in bedroom

I like the idea of documenting your space and taking photos every few years. Spaces and styles change and it's easy to forget what things used to look like. I wish my parents kept more of their old furnishings. As a child, I didn't think twice about those fabric wrapped chairs in the living room but I would LOVE to have them now.

The best part of these photos, though, are that they are a trip down memory lane for me. Whenever I look at them, I picture my 3-year old self sitting on the couch watching Sesame Street. Kind of ironic then since as I type this, my daughter is sitting next to me watching Sesame Street, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...