Thursday, July 12, 2012

I Heart Prinstagram

I have really fallen in love with Instagram. All of the photos we took on vacation were just simple iPhone photos with fun effects. Instagram makes everything better! 

We took a ton of photos and I wanted to have some prints made, so I uploaded a bunch to Shutterfly and then realized it wouldn't work. Unfortunately the square Instagram images get cropped in the standard 4x6 and 5x7 photo formats and look awful. I really didn't feel like cropping and resizing them in Photoshop since I love their square shape, and I also wasn't in the mood to print them out and trim them myself. There must be an easier way...

That's when I discovered Prinstagram! This lovely little website prints your Instagram photos in a few formats: prints, stickers, photo books, posters, and t-shirts. I gave the square prints a try and ordered a set of 24, 4x4 square prints from our trip to Paris. Just take a look at how cute they are!


I am kind of obsessed with them. The print quality is excellent and the paper stock is a heavier weight than typical photo paper, with a nice matte finish. 


The thin white border around each image displays the Instagram filters and borders really nicely, like in the image below.


Prinstagram takes anywhere from 2 to 5 weeks to process your order. This may seem like a long time (I got my prints in 3 weeks) but they are well worth the wait! I can't tell you how happy I am with this product. You can bet that I'll be ordering many more prints in the next few days. I am especially interested in their mini prints that look like little polaroid pictures. Too cute!

*****

Instagram images via The Pink Chalkboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...