Monday, July 9, 2012

Fabric Backsplash


Yes, you read that right. A Josef Frank fabric backsplash...sandwiched between two pieces of glass. Kelly Black's apartment was featured recently in the Design Happens section of New York Magazine online. Her whole home is described as a fun house, but I think her backsplash is the star of the show.

I was delighted to see this because I actually had the idea to do something like this a few years ago when we bought our house. I ended up doing white subway tiles instead but I do still think this is a great idea. It's easy to clean and definitely different. What a great way to add a graphic punch to an otherwise white kitchen.

*****

image by Annie Schlechter via New York Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...