Monday, June 25, 2012

Dressing a Headboard

Headboards have recently become one of my favorite things in a bedroom. I'm constantly drawn to fun and vibrant upholstered patterned headboards like these swatches from Land of Nod.


But I always fear that after a few years I would want to change the pattern or the colors of the room and I would then be stuck with an item that was expensive and a big deal to replace. So I was really excited when I saw this:


Better Homes and Gardens suggested upholstering a headboard with a quilt! It looks super simple to do -- just lay your quilt down (right side down) and place quilt batting on top. Then put your headboard above that and while pulling tight, staple along the top and bottom. So easy and what a transformation that could make!

And then here's another idea found on Little Green Notebook:



I was instantly drawn to that striped headboard and was delighted to find out that it's actually an Ikea throw placed over an already upholstered headboard. Isn't that clever? A totally new look -- and no stapling, gluing, or even batting necessary. Genius!


*****

Land of Nod swatches (on left - Gerber Cotton Sungold, on right - Zig Zag Grey/White)
middle image via bhg.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...