Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chalkboard Project: Inspired by CB2

I spotted the tablescape below in a recent CB2 catalog. 


Wine bottles wrapped in kraft paper, tied with string, and stenciled with numbers. That is just my kind of style—a bit rustic with a splash of typography. 


It turns out that this is also a very easy DIY project. Check out my own version below.


I simply wrapped five wine bottles in kraft paper, purchased here. Using a stencil, I traced each letter with a white pencil. This worked better than painting with the stencil since the curve of the bottle made it hard to create a firm seal. Then, I used white paint and a small paint brush to fill in the letters. As a finishing touch, I wrapped the bottles with my favorite yarn, which made perfect little bows.

I think these wrapped bottles would look great as part of a table setting for an informal dinner party. Or, just one bottle stenciled with a friend's initials could make a nice hostess gift. Just something a little different for your table.

*****

top two images by CB2
bottom images by The Pink Chalkboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...