Friday, December 16, 2011

Dale Chihuly

Are you familiar with the work of Dale Chihuly? My aunt is a huge fan of his and she introduced me to his stunning glassworks.

A few years ago, I went to the New York Botanical Gardens to see his stunning work against the garden's gorgeous backdrop.  Here are some images of the exhibit from his website:





Certainly the photos above are beautiful, but when I was there, I took some photos really close-up. I like the abstract quality that close-up photos give you. And when the subject matter is as lovely as Dale Chihuly's art, then the close-ups would be wonderful little gems framed in your home.





I'm going to add some of these to my gallery wall one day. Have you ever framed your own close-up artwork after a day out with your camera? If so, please share!

*****

featured works from top to bottom via Dale Chihuly's website are:
The Sun
Persian Chandelier
Rose Crystal Tower
Reichenbach Mirrored Balls and Blue Herons


bottom four photos by The Pink Chalkboard are close-ups of:
The Sun
Persian Chandelier
name unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...