Friday, October 21, 2011

a clever gallery wall

While in Georgetown a few weeks ago, I walked into a West Elm store. I realized recently that my favorite stores are filled with tons of inspiration -- not just from the items for sale in the store, but also in the way that the store is merchandized and decorated. In this West Elm store, it was the wall display that caught my eye.


I have been wanting to do a gallery wall of art in my dining room and I'm looking for creative and inexpensive ways to do this. Framing can be costly but did you notice that some of the frames on this wall aren't your typical frames? Some are drawn with chalk!


My dining room walls don't have chalkboard paint on them but couldn't this same idea be done with cut-out paper? Frame shapes like these would work well:

Kvill Frame



Erica Round Antique Copper

I think the trick here is to make the frame a decorative style or a bright color so it looks obvious and intentional.

Cut paper or chalk frames are a great way to fill up a gallery wall and add a touch of whimsy to a space.  Easy to do and such a fun look.  I can't wait to try this out myself.

*****

top two images by The Pink Chalkboard

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...