Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Zentangle and Doodles

Have you heard of Zentangle?  It is apparently the newest craze. Their website describes it as the following:
Zentangle is an easy to learn method of creating beautiful images from repetitive patterns. It is a fascinating new art form that is fun and relaxing. It increases focus and creativity. Zentangle provides artistic satisfaction and an increased sense of personal well being.
Here is an image from the Zentangle website:


I haven't tried it yet myself, but it reminds me an awful lot of the drawings that my father has been doing for years.  His self-described "doodles" were his activities through years of college, law school, and meetings in years since.  They are a study in patience and detail and are lovely little works of art.  Here are some of my favorites:




*****

top image via Zentangle.com
all remaining images by Joe Danziger

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...