Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Re-Sails

Over Labor Day weekend, I travelled to Newport, Rhode Island for a friend's wedding.  It was a wonderful affair set against a gorgeous scenic background.  Newport is known for its coastal scenery, architecture, delicious seafood, and for the hundreds of sailboats that dot their coastline. While I took in the beauty of the town and engaged heartily in the eating department, I did not take advantage of the sea-faring opportunities.  Unfortunately, boats and I don't get along very well.

I couldn't help but appreciate the beauty of the boats, though, and was delighted to come across these bags and products made from recycled sail cloth by the company Re-Sails.

The Original Recycled-Sail seabags

Recycled Sail Garment Bag

The bags below aren't made of sail cloth but carry the same graphic punch. I especially like the idea of having a different initial bag for each person in your household. Talk about personalizing your bags in a bold way!


Alphabet Tote


Square Duffel with Sail Number
Here's what the collection looked like in the store I spotted them in.  Aren't they super fun?


They feel perfectly nautical and Newport-y to me.  What a great way to keep the memory of a very fun weekend close at hand.

*****

all images except bottom image via resails.com
bottom image via Jillian Moskovitz for The Pink Chalkboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...