Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A different idea for cowhide

Jillian and I both love the color palette of gray, white, and yellow. (Yellow is also one of the things that make us happy). Doesn't it look so nice in this white room with the charcoal gray headboard and pops of yellow?

What really got my attention here though, is the metallic cowhide on the wall above the bed. I think it is terrific that designer Royce Pinkwater chose to hang it as artwork. The texture on the wall creates quite a striking effect in this room. 

I also appreciate that it's not the usual cowhide--a hint of metallic silver is just what this room needs and I love that it comes through in this piece. 

image by Thomas Loof for House Beautiful

Want more cowhide? Check out my post featuring other unique cowhide area rugs.

P.S. Don't you just love that tufted headboard? You can find it here at West Elm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...